Monday, May 21, 2007

Mundane Monday

Favorite 7 Songs

1. Jet City Woman - Queensryche

I can sit and listen to this song for hours. Actually, I wore out my first copy of Empire on tape. It snapped because I had played it so often in a short period of time. Its one of those songs that I can just feel running through my veins.


2. Possesion - Sarah McLachlan
I absolutely love the lyrics to this song: "Oh you speak to me in riddles; And you speak to me in rhymes; My body aches to breathe your breath; Your words keep me alive". There isn't much that she's recorded that I don't love.


3. Pour Some Sugar on Me - Def Leppard
This is one of my guilty pleasures. There's just something about the beat of this song that gets me going.


4. Desert Rose - Sting
If I were a religious person, this song would be akin to a vision from God. Its one of those songs that can make my heart and body ache.


5. Back To Good - Matchbox Twenty
Lets just say the song got me though a rough patch awhile ago. Words can be pretty powerful when you see yourself in them.


6. Iris - Goo Goo Dolls
This song helped me make a choice that the rest of the world wouldn't have understood. The words just spoke to me.

7. The Flame - Cheap Trick
Reminds me of my first love. For a long time I couldn't bear to hear it. Now it just makes me smile. I especially like: "You'll always be the one. You were the first, you'll be the last". And "Wherever you go, I'll be with you. Whatever you want, I'll give it to you. After the fire, after all the rain, I will be the flame."