Tuesday, June 5, 2007

A Book Meme


I picked this up from Melody (thanks!)...

The Rules Are:
Post your responses.
Tag anywhere from 1-5 friends (optional)
Come back and leave a comment when your post is up



The next 5 books on your to be read shelf:
Bet Me - Jennifer Crusie
Ya-Yas In Bloom - Rebecca Wells
Something Borrowed - Emily Giffin
The Dante Club - Matthew Pearl
Devil in the Details: Scenes from an Obsessive Girlhood - Jennifer Traig


The last 4 books you’ve read:
Pecked to Death By Ducks - Tim Cahill
In Her Shoes - Jennifer Weiner
The Evolution of Jane - Cathleen Schine
Little Altars Everywhere - Rebecca Wells


The last 3 books you borrowed (library or friend):
Lately I've been getting most of my books from trading sites like Bookmooch and Bookins. Its cheaper than buying them, but without the problems involved with going to the library.


The last 2 non-fiction books you’ve read:
I honestly couldn't tell you. I'm currently reading The Complete Idiot's Guide to Web pages and Blogging. Other than that, the last one that I can remember was Generations: The History of America's Future 1584 - 2069 . It was really interesting. It showed how the different generation types go through cycles throughout history in this country - how the generation 'Y' kids are supposed to be great leaders. I don't know if all of it is true, but I guess only time will tell.


The 1 book you wish everyone would read:
I'm not going to try and get everyone to read a classic or anything profound. I wish people would take the time to read Queen of the Damned by Anne Rice. After most people saw Interview with a Vampire, they got a certain impression of her work and then the movie for Queen of the Damned ruined it. It made the rest of the series seem silly. QOD is actually my favorite book in the Vampire Chronicles series and I was almost heart broken to see what they did to butcher her work.