Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Wednesday Mind Hump

1. Do you currently subscribe to any magazines? If so, which ones?

Pretty much everything I get is travel related. Conde Nast Traveler, Caribbean Travel & Life, Spa, Luxury Spa Finder. We also have free subscriptions to a bunch of computer magazines that my husband reads, Scuba Diver, Rolling Stone, Maxim, and a boating magazine. Our mailman hates us.



2. What magazines have you subscribed to in the past?

I used to get Travel & Leisure, but I haven't gotten around to renewing it. I got Westchester Magazine (our county), but I may be moving to a different one so I let it run out. When I was a teenager I got Seventeen, YM, Cosmo and a few other fashion/beauty ones. I also had George when it was being published.



3. What do you do with the little cards that always fall out of the magazine? Do you toss them, or have you found a use for them?

I hate those things. Sometimes I use one as a book mark when I'm reading the issue it came out of, but otherwise I toss them. They are better then the stupid perfume sample pages though.



4. If you could start a magazine, what would it be about? Who or what would be on the cover of the first issue?

I suppose I'd do a tropical escapes magazine. It would cover places like Hawaii, the Caribbean, Mexico, Australia, the South Pacific, etc. I'd give indepth coverage to scuba diving spots, dining, spas, and maybe even some articles about relocating to these dream destinations without a millionaire's budget. The cover would be an idyllic beach scene from Turtle Island in Fiji, where I had my honeymoon. It is the most perfect place I can think of on earth.