Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Past and Future

Borrowed from Cat (she borrowed it from Janet who got it from the title link)

...these questions are geared toward the past 2 decades, the present and the future.

Share your life with us! Ready? Here we go!

Where were you in 1987? In school? Working? Single? Married? Attached? What was important to you? What were you doing creatively? Tell us a bit about your life then. I realize some of you were children then...all the better!

1987? I was ending 6th grade and starting 7th. Things weren't too great between my parents. At the end of the 6th grade school year, my mom and I moved out of the apartment for about a week. Thankfully it didn't last. I started a new school for Jr High in September and met (although I didn't know it yet) my soon to be best friend and my first boyfriend. I don't remember much about the creative side - I think makeup was my new art supply then.

Where were you in 1997? What would you like to share about the nineties?
I just turned 21 when the year started. I was finishing up my BA in Political Science at Manhattanville College in Purchase, NY and then moved on to working on my MBA in Management Information Systems at Pace University. I was working for a collection agency at part time doing clerical work until I had my BA and then they transferred me to the IT department. I was dating an older guy at the time (I think he was about 30 then). I was convinced that we were going to move in together soon and start thinking about getting married. Boy was I wrong. He was still living at home with his parents and really didn't have any intention of changing that (he's still at home now if that proves it). Oh, and I got my first new car that year - a Saturn SL2. It was a lot better than grandma's 1980 Buick Regal. I think I got my first cell phone then too.


Where did you plan to be or think you'd be in 2007? Have your realized your goals? What is one thing about your present life you love and one you'd like to change?
I guess that depends on when I was thinking it. When I was a teenager, I thought that I'd probably be just married, working in politics, and thinking about having a kid soon. I never imagined that I'd still be living in the apartment that I moved into when I was 2. I wouldn't have expected to have climbed backward on the career ladder. I'd think I was crazy if I knew I would be married for 5 years by now. Now that I'm older and (a bit) wiser, I love being married. I wouldn't trade it for dating all the guys in the world. If I had to change one thing, I wish we would have been able to have kids sooner. My dad passed away last year and he never got to be a grandfather. That is something that I will always regret not being able to give him in his lifetime.


How do you see your life in 2017? Do you have any goals or dreams for your future?
Hopefully there will be a little one running around calling me mom by then. I'd love to have a house of our own. It would be nice to be able to get myself back on track a bit in the career department. As far as dreams go, I'd like to be able to say that I've gotten something I've written published by then and maybe be able to travel a bit.