Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #3



13 Things That Suck About Being Pregnant




1. Morning Sickness - Whoever named this had a sick sense of humor since it comes and goes all day.


2. Headaches - I'm not one to get headaches frequently under normal circumstances, but I seem to have 1 or 2 a day now.


3. No Medications - With all the annoying symptoms I have, I can't take much of anything to help them.


4. Pre-natal Vitamins - At this point the vitamin is bigger than the baby and they make me queasy. Not to mention what the extra iron does to me. Yuck.


5. Keeping Secrets - I know you're technically supposed to keep it a secret until 12 weeks, but there is no way in hell that I'll be able to do that. I had to tell my boss - between dr's appointments and morning sickness, there's no way someone wouldn't notice. My hubby's parents know already and I'm telling my mom this weekend.


6. Spotting - Ok, I know some spotting is normal, but there's nothing that freaks me out more than blood when I'm not supposed to have it.


7. Bloating - I know I'm only a few weeks along, but I seriously look like I could be 3 or 4 months pregnant. Nothing fits right. Even the tops of my underware are rolling down! And at this rate I'm going to need to buy new bras soon!


8. No Apple Martinis for 9 Months - Just when you think you could need a drink the most, no alcohol for the duration!


9. Food Restrictions - I love sushi, raw clams/oysters, and soft cheeses. Needless to say my diet will be changing radically over the next months. I can't even have cold cuts!


10. Peeing Every 15 Minutes - This is getting a bit frustrating to say the least. Especially this week since I'm filling in for the receptionist who is out on vacation. I'm teathered to the desk 8 hours a day and have to ask someone to fill in so I can go.


11. Exhaustion - Sometimes I get so tired, I can't even lift my arms. By 8:30 some nights I'm ready to be asleep. Unfortunatly, my husband is a bit of a night owl so I think he gets a bit lonely sometimes.


12. Trouble Sleeping - Even though I'm so tired I could fall asleep standing up, I can sleep all that well. By 5am I start waking up, trying to journey to the bathroom. Then its usually every half hour until morning sickness starts. Fun, huh?


13. Swiss Cheese Brain - My memory is shot to hell right now. I can remember much past this morning and that's if I'm lucky. I'm sure it will only get worse.